Saturday 4 July 2015

Being Vegan: Day 1 :)

3rd July 2014

Woke up pretty positive today knowing that I had done all my research of being a vegan and having an idea of what to eat for the day.

Also noticing how quickly it is for me to get ready when I don't have to put on any makeup and put much effort into my hair is such a nice change I have to admit!

Before work I popped into Marks & Spencer to grab a banana for breakfast and my lunch as it gets really busy around 1 o'clock.

Here is where I came across my first obstacle.

I have never checked the labels of food products so much in my life! Even when I went through that calorie checking stage as a young teenager, this time it was a little frustrating. I soon realise that alot of food have traces of milk and egg which left me grabbing a tomato and basil soup (lovely!) and a small baguette.

I know the simple option is to grab a salad but I'm not a salad kind of girl I'm afraid. I know this makes my vegan month alot more difficult but I like my vegetables cooked in a certain way and can't deal with the consistency of some food, crunchy leaf type salads being one. And trust me I have tried!

For the rest of the day I did feel peckish at times but I knew that was my bad eating habits that I needed to put down and fight through by drinking water. I must of be going up and down to the toilet every 5-10 minutes!

The next obstacle was eating out. I had just found out my first year results at University and passed so my mum offered for us to go out for dinner. Immediately I knew that I was in murky waters but nonetheless I agreed. I knew I would have to eat out eventually so why not bite the bullet on the first day!

We ended up going to Prezzo and I had done my research online, looking at their menu's and what vegan options they had.

To eat I had:

-Bruchetta
- Penne Arrabbiata
- House Fries *did originally order baby potatoes but realised during my starter that they had butter on them haha close one!

I knew I could choose a any pizza without meat and cheese as a vegan option but none really took my fancy so instead I chose pasta, which I checked online is supposed to be vegan. I did feel limited especially since there was a presence of cheese and meat on nearly every main dish.

That was all I ate today and it was a bit of a struggle but I think it is going to slowly get easier!

Till tomorrow!

Ciara x

No comments:

Post a Comment