Sunday 16 November 2014

Spotlight Brand | Soap & Glory | Heyyy Ciara

Can you see me in the shiny jar? haha



It is no secret that I love this brand so of course for my first 'Spotlight Brand' I would have to do the lovely Soap & Glory. Probably the most fragrant and rich products you can get without dipping into your life savings (especially with Boots 3 for 2 offer!), Soap & Glory is a must have for all women or men who want to feel like beauty queens (or kings!) on a daily basis. Here are some of my all time favourites that I have repurchased over the past few years.


Face


1. Wish Upon A Jar

Before I continue can we all just appreciate how cute and puny S&G's product names are! I'm not gonna lie I have found myself giggling to myself at their makeup or body aisle because I love puns and can be a complete loser.

Back to the review!

This is described as a 'Peptide Plus Rejuvenating Night Cream' and while I am not quite sure what peptide plus means I can definitely say that it rejuvenates my skin when I use it. It is on the rich side to the point that if you have just washed your face you can feel it sting a little so maybe don't be a rush like myself and take your time in your night time skin care haha. Being incredibly rich I don't use it every night simply cause its strength can be off putting so some nights I just let my skin breathe as it has finally gotten a break from being covered in makeup all day :)

Honestly though if you suffer from dry skin, like myself especially in the winter, then I recommend this heavily!



2. The Fab Pore





'2-in-1 Facial Mask & Peel'

When its one of those days that you just want to have a pamper 'me' day so you conjure up a super bubbly bath and treat yourself like a goddess, this product is part of my routine. This mask definitely makes me feel like my skin is breathing clearly and leaves it so soft! I usually use this during a bath (and pretend I'm in some chick flick movie, just hand me the cucumber slices) or after a shower/bath when the steam has opened up my pores. It says what it does on the tin (or pot?) however I haven't quite been able to 'peel' it off as such. Now I don't know if it mean you can literally peel it off or it just like skin peeling kind of product (wait, is that a thing? I bet I'm making stuff up now...) but it doesn't bother me that much.


Body


1. Sugar Crush Body Wash



'Energy Boosting Citrus Condtioning'

These next two products in this sections has already been raved about several hundred times by your favourite bloggers and Youtubers so I'm just here to second (or hundredth?) that opinion. Okay there is no body wash out there, of what I have tried of course, that smells this incredible. I just find myself constantly smelling it both in or out of the shower, it's so addictive. It smells like lime flavoured Coke so if you despise both of those then maybe this isn't for you haha, and it's a smell that sticks which I love even more. I hate it when I get a lovely smelling shower gel and once you wash it off the smell goes, nuh uh I wanna smell like sugary limes!

2. Sugar Crush Body Scrub



Same luscious smell, so imagine using these products together! Don't worry I don't think its too much (... hopefully...), however this product is for a completely different purpose. Again I use this on my pamper days and scrub the crap out of my leg with this and my exfoliating gloves (belowww) and then shave. I recommend not to shave first and do it can shaving opens up your pores and nobody wants any unwanted shaving rashes! It does the job to perfection and smells like a sweet shop, what more could you want?

Equipment (I'm actually chuckling to myself at this title)


1. Scrub Gloves

'Super Exfoliating'

I am simply mentioning these because there are brilliant exfoliating gloves but also because I use them so often yet they look brand new. When it comes to exfoliating gloves you can't go wrong, unless they scratch your legs to the point of irritation then I recommend these. Also they are pink and cute and go well with the rest of my Soap & Glory collection...

2. Soap & Glory Long Handle Scrubber ( Made that up, could you tell?)

Something so simple and easy to get from anywhere, I have fallen in love with this! I got it to simply complete the 3 for 2 deal (I think of body scrubbers and stuff not necessarily S&G) and now I can't use anything else, other than my gloves, because this is perfect. Yes I'm sure you can get one like this just as good and half the price but will it look this pretty (answer is unlikely).

So I hope you enjoyed this little 'Spotlight Brand' Soap & Glory edition. I have some more Soap & Glory products but these are my constant favourites. Hopefully in the future I will do another Soap & Glory edition, perhaps focused on their makeup :)

Ciara x

P.S: Yes I know the photos look really yellow cause I took them at night and I have no lamp *hides in shame*

No comments:

Post a Comment