Thursday 27 November 2014

The City I'm In | Lincoln | HeyyyCiara

Not alot of people know about this small city residing in the midlands of England. Not just internationally but even people who live in this country, of those I have I have conversed with of course, always pretend they know where Lincoln is but really had no clue it existed or assumed elsewhere. Which of course is okay haha, probably one of the reasons why I love this city, because not everyone knows about it.

I currently go to university here in Lincoln and have lived here for a year and a few months. I am in my first year, I changed my course which means I will be living in Lincoln for a total of four years by the time I finish university. At first that thought was daunting as well as changing my mind on my course but I have accepted it because its difficult to find much fault in this city. Don't worry London, you will always be my favourite!

Soooo I thought I would go for a wee walk up to one of Lincoln's most famous landmarks, its Cathedral. I took my camera, which has been gathering dust back in London, and went for a walk during the night becuase 1. my sleeping pattern is messed up and 2. Lincoln is gorgeous at night especially with its Christmas decorations. What I didn't realise is that I spent a good hour just walking around, admiring the beauty and taking pictures with a tempermental camera (you shall see).

So here are some of my favourite shots (btw I am in no means a professional photographer and this camera is a Samsung digital one so the shots may not capture exactly what I hoped!)

On my way to the Cathedral from my home

Lincoln from the hill

Getting that Christmasy feeling yet?

Olivares Tapas Bar

Now you must be feeling Christmasy!

The Cathedral itself!







Shadow of a statue of Tennyson




 
(In)Famous Steep Hill

Brayford Quay
 Now back to the my tempermental camera. Basically I almost had to take three shots of the same scene, not by choice, because it would focus or come out that sharp. However (!) something pretty cool I think has come from these 'failed' shots that come across  either quite creepy or beautiful, creating a scene that a normal photo may not have shown.


Could totally be an album cover, right?



My personal favourite, love how creepy it looks!





It just seems that the lights drag off into the atmosphere while the rest of the still and structured background stay unmoved. Sentimental and poetic, I know ;)

Anyways I hoped you have enjoyed this post, slightly different from what I usually do but I think I would like to branch off into other areas other than beauty and fashion. So keep an eye out for more to come!


Ciara x












No comments:

Post a Comment